The Ultimate Spring Breakfast
Spring has finally sprung; the days are warming up and the mornings are getting lighter! We absolutely love this time of year: it’s exciting and invigorating. It’s also the perfect time of year to head down to the beach, before the summer breeze begins to pick up.
If you’re heading to the beach, remember to bring your wetsuit, as the water temperature hasn’t begun to climb yet! If you don’t have one yet: our wetsuits are the perfect weight for spring, as they are made from 2mm Superlite neoprene that will keep your body, chest and arms warm, without causing you to overheat!
While the afternoons are beginning to really heat up, the mornings are still pretty fresh and so we’re bringing you the ultimate spring breakfast to start the day! This meal is healthy, delicious and the perfect fuel for your spring adventures.
- Steel cut oats or quinoa
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup yoghurt or yogurt alternative
- Sliced strawberries, blueberries or raspberries, or chopped fruit of choice.
- ¼ cup granola
- Prepare a serving of the steel cut oats, according to the package instructions.
- Once it’s cooked through, remove from the heat and stir in the chia seeds, milk and honey.
- Scoop into a bowl, and then top with yogurt and the fresh seasonal berries.
- Sprinkle your favourite granola over the meal, adding more milk if desired.
If you try this recipe or make your own version, we’d love to see it! Tag us on instagram or send us photo here so that we can admire your work.